Mac Trash Recovery- How to Recover Deleted Data from Mac Trash Bin
Recover Deleted Files from Empty Mac Trash
Summary: Have you deleted the Mac Trash Can and later realized that it contained some important files? Can’t find the documents and media files previously deleted on Mac Trash Can? Mac Trash Recovery is a common problem. Let us guide you on how to recover the Mac Trash with or without using data recovery software. TechSoftwareLogic team has enumerated the complete tutorial for recovering Mac data from empty Trash Can, malware-infected Mac device, and formatted hard drive.
100% Working Mac Trash Recovery Solution to Recover Deleted Files Back on Mac
So, try out the troubleshooting solutions for restoring the folders & files safely and accurately from empty Trash Can.
Recovering Deleted Files with Undo Options
In case you have deleted an important folder accidentally on Mac, you can use the ‘Undo’ option to restore it. However, make sure you do it immediately after you delete the files. In case you have deleted the files permanently, you won’t be able to recover it.
Here are the instructions you need to follow:-
- After you delete the files, go to ‘Edit’ and choose the ‘Undo Move’ option.
- Another option is to use the Command + Z key to undo the operation.
Restoring Deleted Mac Files Using Time Machine Backup
Apple’s backup solution, Time Machine lets you recover deleted data on Mac through recent backup even when you empty the Trash Bin. However, Time Machine Backup can’t help you if you haven’t taken a backup.
The steps to recover deleted data using Time Machine Backup are given below.
1. Open Time Machine on your Mac device.
2. Now, choose the menu bar icon and choose ‘Enter Time Machine’. You can also use Spotlight to search for Time Machine.
3. You can restore the files you have deleted using the up and down button, on-screen to locate it. Use the SpaceBar to preview the file.
4. Ultimately, you have to click on the ‘Restore’ button and the deleted file or folder will be restored to its original location.
Recovering Deleted Files on Mac Using Terminal
Looking to retrieve files on Mac without any tool? ‘Terminal’ can be a great option. However, this can only recover the deleted files from Trash Bin on Mac. In case the Trash Bin is empty, you can use a Mac data recovery tool.
To retrieve the files using Terminal, follow these instructions:-
- Go to ‘Finder’ to find the option ‘Applications’. Under this, you will find ‘Utilities’ that lists ‘Terminal’. Double-click on ‘Terminal’.
- Now, you have to type cd .Trash and hit the ‘Return’ key on your Mac keyboard.
- Next, type “mv xxx../” and again press ‘Return’ (‘xxx’ refers to the name of the deleted file.)
- In the ‘Terminal’, input ‘Quit’ to come out of the ‘Terminal Window’.
Once the data is restored, you can open them easily.
Recovering Deleted Files from Trash Bin on Mac
In Mac, the files can end up in the Trash Bin because of the following reasons,
- Dragging or dropping the music, photo, document, audio, or archive files to the Trash Bin.
- Right-clicking on a certain folder or file and then sending it to Trash Bin.
- Choose a file and press on Command + Delete keys at the same time.
- From the Mac keyboard, use the Command + Shift + Option + Delete key simultaneously.
- Using the option Delete Immediately on Mac.
Mac Trash Bin stores all the deleted folders and files for a certain time until it’s permanently deleted from Trash Bin. So, if you haven’t yet emptied the Trash Bin, you can recover the deleted files without a Mac data recovery app.
To recover files from the Trash Bin, follow the below instructions
- Take the mouse over the Trash Bin icon inside the ‘Finder’ to see the deleted files.
- Choose the file you want to restore and drag it to the desktop. Right-click on the file and click on the option ‘put back’ to recover the deleted document on Mac.
Recovering Files on Mac using TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery
With the steps given below, you can recover an emptied Trash without any hassle.
1)Choose the location where the data and files were deleted and then click on the ‘Scan’ button.
2)The app runs both deep scan and quick scan to find as many deleted files as it can within the chosen volume.
3)The results of the scan will be displayed on the left-hand side. Simply choose the ‘files’ you want to recover and click on the option ‘Recover Now’ to get them back.
Related Blog Post:- macOS Big Sur (11.0) Data Recovery Software
In case you feel all these methods are too much for you to handle, you can use Tech Software Logic Mac Data Recovery software and let it do the work for you. With this, you can solve your data loss issues and retrieve your data with 100% accuracy. The software provides world-class and unique features. It is available for free download too. While using this, you don’t have to worry about it as the software will not make any other changes to the drive you recover it from.