Overview of No TimeMachine Backup Found Mac Error in Details
Has your Time Machine backup been deleted? Although rare, it can happen. When backup gets deleted, you stand the risk of losing important data. However, with the help of TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery, you can recover it in no time. In this article, we are going to tell you how.
Often, people make the mistake of deleting their Time Machine backup from the external drive. You will be happy to know that with the help of TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery Software, it is easy to recover deleted Time Machine backup. It is the easiest and best method to recover deleted files.
Here, we will tell you the step-by-step process to recover the deleted Time Machine backup. We will also explain how you can recover files from Time Machine backup.
But first, let’s understand what Time Machine backup is.
What is Time Machine Backup?
Time Machine, the built-in backup utility found in Mac OS X or Mac OS restores and backs up files on Mac. If you enable it on Mac, it will periodically back up partition, data, and even the whole external drive or disk, automatically. Usually, external drives are chosen as the backup destination. Hence, the backup files that are saved on Time Machine aren’t completely safe. Just like other common storage devices or hard drives, it can also cause you to experience the problem of data loss. This can happen due to different reasons. You might accidentally delete files, lose backup files due to a virus attack, or format the disk.
100% Working Solutions to Recover the Deleted or Lost TimeMachine Backup
#1)Recovering Deleted Time Machine Backup
So, you might be taking a backup of your files on Time Machine but accidentally deleted some backup files. You might be thinking it is impossible to recover them. However, you are wrong. You can recover deleted Time Machine backup using a tool.
To get back the backup effectively, you have to look for good data recovery software that works well when it comes to recovering the files on Mac. We would recommend you to try out TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery Software. This software has a powerful data recovery capacity. Also, it is easy to use. Apart from using it to recover the lost Time Machine backup, you can also use it to,
- Restore files from Mac, USB, external hard drive, memory card, SD card, and other devices that are Mac compatible.
- Get back lost videos, photos, PPT/Word/Excel files, Adobe files, audio files, and much more.
- Restore files lost because of wrong formatting, accidental deletion, OS reinstallation, system crash, and other difficult data loss situations.
In comparison to its equivalent, the data recovery software outperforms in several aspects such as scanning depth, scanning speed, and data recovery success rate.
So, install the software on Mac and follow the steps to recover the deleted Time Machine backup.
Note: The Time Machine backup can be found in a folder named Backups. It has an extension .backupdb. So, after scanning the backup disk, filter the result by extension for quickly finding and recovering the Time Machine backup.
- Choose the location where the important files and data were deleted and click on the ‘Scan’ button.
- TechSoftwareLogic is going to run a deep, as well as quick scan. It will work to find as many deleted files as it can.
- You will see the scan results on the left side. Simply choose the file that you would like to recover and click on the ‘Recover Now’ button for getting them back.
As the most significant use of Time Machine backup is restoring files on Mac, in the next section, we are going to tell you how you can recover files from the Time Machine backup.
#2)Recovering Files from the Time Machine Backup
When it comes to recovering files from Time Machine backup, there are 2 methods. One is from the backup disk, and the other is from the local snapshot. The latter is the backups stored by the Time Machine on Mac. It helps in recovering the files when Time Machine backup isn’t available.
a)Restoring Files from Time Machine Backup Disk
- Connect the backup disk to Mac and then turn on the computer.
- In case Mac starts up to the setup assistant, you have to set the details of the network, country, and keyboard. Thereafter, opt to transfer the information from the Time Machine backup to a Migration Assistant Window. In case mac starts up to the ‘Finder’, you have to go to ‘Applications’ and then ‘Utilities’ where you have to select ‘Migration Assistant’. Thereafter, transfer the information from the Time Machine backup.
- Choose the Time Machine backup you want and then click on ‘Continue’.
- In case there is over 1 backup choice, select, select one of them, and click on ‘Continue’.
- As soon as the transfer is complete, restart the computer, and log into the target account. This will show the recovered files.
b)Restoring Files from Local Snapshots
- Enter ‘Time Machine’
- Choose the folder or file that you would like to restore and then choose the older version of the folder or file.
- Press the ‘Spacebar’ to preview the file and ensure if it is the one you want to recover.
- To restore the chosen file, click on ‘Restore’.
Using TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery Software is the best way to restore the deleted Time Machine backup. It only takes a few minutes and will recover the deleted files accurately.