Mac File Recovery- Recover Deleted or Lost Files on Mac
How to Recover Deleted Files on Mac
Have you emptied the trash folder or deleted a file on Mac, accidentally? Would you like to recover the deleted files on Mac? We have some good news for you. We will tell you how to retrieve the file with 100% working methods. Usually, the files you delete from the Mac drive are transferred to the trash can. So, restoring the files is a piece of cake. However, if you have emptied the trash, you can retrieve files through Time-Machine backup, terminal command, or undo options. Use TechSoftwareLogic listed software and perform 100% Deleted Mac File Recovery.
Come, let’s find out how.
1)Restoring Deleted Files on Mac from Trash
No matter how you have deleted the documents on Mac, it is going to be put in the trash can. In case you haven’t cleared the trash can yet, after deleting the files recently, you can recover it from the trash can.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Take your mouse over the trash can icon in ‘Finder’. This shows the files you have deleted.
- When you find the right file, drag it to your desktop. Thereafter, right-click on the file and choose the option ‘put back. This recovers the deleted document on Mac from the trash can.
Be that as it may, remember to recover the files within 30 days from the date you deleted the files. After this period, Mac deletes these files permanently from the system.
2)Restoring Deleted Files on Mac from Trash through Time Machine Backup
Some Mac users like to empty their trash can after they have deleted files from Mac. This will cause the files to get deleted from the system permanently. Fortunately, you can restore the files using Time Machine Backup.
Just follow these easy steps given below to restore the files using Time Machine Backup.
- Click on the Mac’s ‘Spotlight’ icon. It’s present at the top-right corner.
- Next, in the search box, type ‘Time Machine’ and click ‘Enter’.
- From the search result, click on the ‘Time Machine’ option to open it.
- Next, you will have to click on the folder that used to contain the target files.
- On the right side of the ‘Time Machine’s’ window, click on the ‘Upward’ arrow. The list of backup files will be shown. Keep scrolling till you see the files that you want to restore.
- To select the files you want to restore, hold the ‘Command’ button and click on ‘Restore’. This saves the deleted documents and files on Mac.
In case the deleted files are in separate folders, you have to retrieve them by repeating the steps enumerated above.
3)Recovering Deleted Files Using Undo Option
Some people delete unwanted files and save them in driver clean while using the system. However, this can lead to the loss of important files and documents. If this happens, you can restore the files using the Undo option. But, it is only possible if you are recovering the files immediately. In case you have already emptied the trash can, this action proves to be invalid.
4)Recovering Deleted Mac Files with Terminal Command
Mac’s terminal command is the interface to the bash shell of OS X. So, it is possible to do various things using command prompt such as delete files, create new directories, change file permissions, change process priority, and much more.
To recover the deleted files using the terminal command, you have to follow these simple steps,
- Go to ‘Applications’ and then to ‘Utilities’ for opening the terminal app.
- Next, type the command “cd .Trash”. After this hit on ‘Return’.
- Type “mv name ../”. When done click on ‘Option’. (Here you have to replace ‘name’ with the full file name of the ones you have deleted.)
- In the Terminal application, you have to type ‘Quit’.
- Now, check for the deleted files by entering the name of the files in the search bar.
Related Blog Post:- macOS Big Sur (11.0) Data Recovery Software
In case All Method fails, Use TechSoftwareLogic Data Recovery Software for Mac
Deleted files on Mac and emptied the trash can, too? Or are the above steps too technical for you?
Don’t worry! There is a safe, easy, and effective way to retrieve your files on Mac OS. Just use TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery Software.
Even after you empty the trash can, the deleted files don’t get removed from the hard drive, instantly. Rather macOS marks these as ‘space available’. So, your documents are still there until they are overwritten. The Mac data recovery app can read the files from the hard drive and recover them.
Mac Data Recovery does this effortlessly. It will scan the hard drive for files that are yet to be overwritten and will recover them for you.
Want to know what’s best about this tool?
This Mac data recovery tool comes with data rescue ability that allows you to recover data that’s password-protected. Recovering deleted files from encrypted files can be tedious, but with this tool, you can recover your files in no time.
All you have to do is get this Mac data recovery software and undelete those important files. It enables safe and accurate data recovery. This Mac data recovery software comes with unique features. TechSoftwareLogic Mac Data Recovery is award-winning software that will help retrieve your files with the blink of an eye.