How to Recovery Deleted or Lost Data using Top Free Best Linux Data Recovery Software
Summary: This article will summarise a list of best Linux Data Recovery Software which might prove helpful in recovering deleted or lost data from Linux operating system.
Data is always necessary both in our personal as well as professional life. Without data, we can’t-do our work properly and can’t take some of our most important decisions. So, if the data gets deleted due to any reasons, then it became a very horrible situation. But, thankfully there are some useful Linux Data Recovery Software out there, which recover deleted or lost data from Linux and prove helpful to get lost files back.
What is Linux Data Recovery?
Linux Data Recovery is the process of recovering or retrieving the deleted, damaged, corrupted, or inaccessible hard drive data on Linux Machine.
Best 5 Linux Data Recovery Tools
This data recovery program for Linux considered as the best Linux data recovery software for the disaster recovery in Linux operating system. It provides support with all the Linux version that starts from i386 to FreeBSD. Linux users have rated it as the best recovery program because it supports the external data storage devices like CD/DVD, SSD.
- Pros and cons of Mondo Reduce Software:
- Complex user-interface will create initial trouble for new users
- Hard drive partition can easily be constructed
- Using the help of Mondo Rescue program, a non-raid file system can be easily backed
TestDisk is a command line Linux data recovery tool which is completed free for all the Linux users. It is open source software that is primarily developed to recover the deleted or lost partition. The bad blocks created by Virus and other harmful malware fixes all the errors found on the Linux drive and make the data recovery process easier.
Pros and Cons of TestDisk:-
- NTFS boot sector backup recovery is possible using the help of TestDisk
- Due to open source software, there is always a probability of bugs& errors in the software
Safe Copy is another powerful data recovery for Linux operating system that is secure and faster at the same time. Similar to its name, Safe Copy keeps the Linux user data safe from any type of power failure, operating system crash, drive failure, malware attack or from any other kind of problem. This Linux recovery tool comes as a rescue and helps users to recover their data from external storage, CD, DVD, memory card, etc.
Pros and Cons of Safe Copy Linux Recovery Software:-
- Give the user an option to retrieve their deleted file from a damaged media
- Easy to use Linux data recovery program
- Not a free software
- Take more time in disk scanning as compared to other software
4.PhotoRec Linux Recovery Program
If you are searching for recovery software for your lost photos, files, videos or any other form of data, then PhotoRec is the best available option. This Linux recovery software completely ignores the drive file system and scans the entire disk. It means, without a particular file system, there is a chance of data recovery from your corrupted or damaged file system. Also, starting the Photo Rec software is very easy. To start this Linux recovery application, just type the below command:
DD Rescue is another free & open source recovery program for Linux OS. This recovery app copies all the contents of blocks drive and save them to targeted drive. If during the entire process, if any problem arises then this software will make sure that complete data is backed up to the targeted drive.
Pros and cons of DD Rescue:-
- Reliable and most accurate data recovery tool for Linux OS
- Not a free software for Linux data recovery
- All the bad blocks exist on the hard drive will be displayed and highlighted simultaneously